Power Distribution Services (PDS), the company that took over the management of the Electricity Company of Ghana has assured that it receives enough power to distribute to Ghanaians.
The assurance comes after a nationwide blackout on Tuesday evening.
The Director of Communications at PDS, William Boateng in an interview on the Citi Breakfast Show allayed fears that a generation deficit led to the blackout.
“We have enough generation at our end. Our customers are on. If we are off, it means that we have announced planned maintenance,” he stated.
But Mr, Boateng said he has “been having some challenges for some time now. Once in a while, we have these challenges that we go through.”
“At any given time, they will give us our demand but along the line, if there is any shortfall, it directly translates into outages for us.”
He explained further that “there is a lot of upgrade work going on” which was influenced some localized challenges.
PDS also hopes to be more transparent in its service delivery by making information more readily available.
“We are heading towards that direction. It is one of the reasons PDS invested in an integrated system where technical commercial and customers will be served with such information.”
PDS, which has been in charge of power distribution since February 27, blamed the widespread power outages in the country on technical challenges.
The company in a statement said the challenges resulted in cuts to its Mallam and Graphic bulk supply points leading to the outages.
The Northern parts of Ghana also faced blackouts because of what the Northern Electricity Distribution Company (NEDCO) attributed the situation to a “system failure.”
UPDATE: The power cuts have not ended at the time of publishing this news. And as a result of this, it has been confirmed that Parliament has suspended its sitting until the power supply become stable…
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors