ORGANISERS of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA), Charterhouse, say they are angry and shocked at what happened last Saturday at the 20th edition of the event.
Dancehall artistes, Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy clashed at the event disrupting the show for several minutes.
The brawl occurred after Shatta Wale and his entourage tried going up the stage when Stonebwoy was being presented with his award for Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year.
Speaking at a press conference at the Alisa Hotel on Thursday, May 23, CEO of Charterhouse, Theresa Ayoade, said the unfortunate event was a surprise to their outfit and they were very angry at it.
ALSO READ MORE RELATED NEWS ARTICLE
- Shatta Wale And Stonebwoy Unite After VGMA Brawl
- You No Go GET Your Monies Back – George Quaye Tells Fans Of Banned Artists.
- Shatta, Stonebwoy Brawl Erodes Pioneers’ Sacrifices — Zapp Mallet
- We Are Angry And Shocked – Charterhouse On VGMA brawl
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale Banned Indefinitely From VGMA
“We should be smiling today for celebrating our hard work for 20 years only for this to happen,” she said.
According to her, Charterhouse was not happy at what happened last Saturday and wished it had never occurred.
“I asked myself the following day why I am still doing this. We could have used our resources into other things. But we went ahead to do this and look at what happened.
Ghana News Headlines
For latest news in Ghana, visit Confirm Radio
news headlines page Ghana News Page
“My team worked tirelessly to make sure this event was a success and see what happened. But we thank God because it could have been chaos had anything happened.
“These two artistes didn’t think of the bigger picture but only themselves, that was bad on their part and I know they will live to regret,” she added.
Theresa Ayoade thanked Samini for lifting up the show again when things went bad and everyone who helped calmed the situation.
She advised that we focus on other relevant issues such as the celebration of the 20th anniversary than the two artistes.
By Dela AHADJIE
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors