A mystery couple introduced only as Mr and Mrs Sledge stunned Ghana’s self-acclaimed dancehall king by purchasing the first copy of his newly released album titled Reign for GH₵150,000.
Wale during the official launch of the album at the Fantasy Dome on Saturday night in Accra had indicated that the first copy of Reign was going for GH₵100,000 but the couple stunned patrons by upping the amount by GH₵50,000…
Sparking off the surprise auction, Shatta said: “…the reason why me Shatta Wale I dey fit buy house, I dey fit buy things on my own be say I dey move in this Ghana with humility and rest with some people wey today dey support me…”
He also announced that he wants anyone who loves and supports him to mount the stage and purchase the 17-track album for ¢100,000.
The ‘Reign’ album has seventeen tracks. According to Shatta, although he loves all the songs on the album, his favourite is track number 16: Exodus because it is inspired by his real-life struggles.
Mr and Mrs Sledge, were accompanied onto the stage by musician Nana Boroo and declare their intentions of buying the first copy of the 17-track album…
In an interview with comedian DKB, Mr Sledge revealed that he will pay GHC 150,000 for the album…
“…I know the CD dey go for ¢100,000 right but Shatta Wale dey deserve more than ¢100,000 so me and my wife we wan give am ¢150,000,” he said amidst loud cheers from fans at the venue.
“Wale…Wale…Wale…,” Mr Sleg chanted.
The album launch featured Shatta thrilling a mammoth crowd to some of his old and new songs over a four-hour period.
Shatta Wale performed with his wife to be, Shatta Michy, members of the Zylofon Arts Club as well as the Militants.
The success of the album launch was threatened by a power trip but most patrons appeared satisfied with the performances.
Watch the auction below;
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- NAM 12019.08.19VIDEO: Release My Bank Account For Me To Pay My Debtors – Nam 1 Pleads With GOVT
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.08.12More Money To Revive GN Savings Soon – Nduom
- TOP STORIES2019.08.10VIDEO: How Money Is Stolen From Your Mobile Money Account – Hacker Reveals
- TOP STORIES2019.08.09VIDEO: National Security Storms Kumasi-Picks 4 Indians-2 Ghanians – 2Cars – Mobile Phone – Bulk Cash