Two persons were on Sunday killed following a crossfire shooting incident between some military men and the youth of Alavanyo Dzogbefeme in the Volta Region.
The Volta Regional Police Commander, Mr Ebenezer Doku, who confirmed the death of the two the incident happened after the youth of the community allegedly opened fire on the military unprovoked, compelling the soldiers to return fire.
Mr Doku said the youth earlier attacked a police operation team that was in the area after it picked intelligence of piled up arms in the community.
He said the youth encircled the team, hit one on the forehead and seized his weapon after his colleagues retreated.
The Commander said the team made a report to the Kpando Police, which informed the military about the incident and the need to help retrieve the weapon.
Meanwhile, the Regional Security Council has sent a high powered delegation to the area after an emergency meeting
Source ; Daily Graphic
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- NAM 12019.08.19VIDEO: Release My Bank Account For Me To Pay My Debtors – Nam 1 Pleads With GOVT
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.08.12More Money To Revive GN Savings Soon – Nduom
- TOP STORIES2019.08.10VIDEO: How Money Is Stolen From Your Mobile Money Account – Hacker Reveals
- TOP STORIES2019.08.09VIDEO: National Security Storms Kumasi-Picks 4 Indians-2 Ghanians – 2Cars – Mobile Phone – Bulk Cash