Dancehall artists, Shatta Wale, and Stonebwoy are set to appear before court over the scuffle that ensued between the two camps at the VGMAs last Sunday.
READ MORE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES ON OUR HOME PAGE
Stonebwoy pulled a gun while on stage during the 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards when Shatta Wale and his entourage were seen advancing towards Stonebwoy and his team. That was after Stonebwoy had been named Reggae Dancehall Artiste of the Year.
The two were subsequently picked up by the police after the awards ceremony.
A police statement signed by Head of Public Affairs, Efia Tenge, the police noted that the two artists together with a third suspect, Nii Amoo has been granted bail following their arrest on Sunday.
The three will soon be put before court.
“The two, together with one other suspect, Nii Amoo, who was seen discharging pepper spray in the auditorium were all arrested yesterday, 19th May 2019, placed in lawful custody and have been granted bail to be arraigned before court in due time,” the statement read.
The police further noted that organizers of the VGMAs, Charterhouse is cooperating with them, and assured the case will be properly dealt with.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors