DANCEHALL artistes Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy, have been granted GH¢50,000 bail each with one surety by an Accra court.
The two appeared before the Adjabeng District Court at Accra Central today, May 22, and pleaded not guilty to charges they are facing over brawl at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) on Saturday, May 18.
Shatta Wale has been charged with offensive conduct conducive to breach of peace while Stonebwoy has been charged with offensive conduct conducive to breach of peace and display of a firearm in public without permission.
They will reappear before the court on June, 20, 2019. The court, presided over by Magistrate Isaac Addo asked the two court to be of good behaviour while the case is ongoing.
Counsel for Shatta Wale is Jerry Avenyor and Selali Wonya for Stonebwoy.
During the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards which came off at the Dome, Accra International Conference Centre, there was a brawl between the camps of Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy.
READ MORE RELATED NEWS ARTICLE
- Shatta Wale And Stonebwoy Unite After VGMA Brawl
- You No Go GET Your Monies Back – George Quaye Tells Fans Of Banned Artists.
- Shatta, Stonebwoy Brawl Erodes Pioneers’ Sacrifices — Zapp Mallet
- Sometimes I Feel Like Beating Shatta Wale When He Misbehaves – Shatta Wale’s Mother
- We Are Angry And Shocked – Charterhouse On VGMA brawl
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale Banned Indefinitely From VGMA
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy Granted GH¢50,000 Bail Each
The fracas started when Shatta Wale and his entourage tried to go up on the stage when Stonebwoy was being presented with his award for Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year, and were prevented by the Top Skanka artiste’s team.
The fight led to Stonebwoy pulling a gun on the stage to the dismay of patrons in the auditorium and at home. There are reports that he was handed the gun by a member of his security team.
While Shatta Wale left the auditorium, Stonebwoy stayed and used the opportunity to apologise for his actions.
“I want to apologise for what just happened, we all read and heard the threats and all so we came prepared. I come in peace and I go in peace, a big thank you to everyone who supports my music and that of any artiste.’’
Although Shatta Wale has said on social media that he merely wanted to go and congratulate Stonebwoy and also promote unity, his critics believe he wanted to take the shine off his rival’s moment.
Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale have a long-standing rivalry, fueled by their respective fan armies, over who is the best in the Reggae/Dancehall field.
Meanwhile the Accra Regional Police Command has issued a statement on what transpired in court today. Below is the statement by the police.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors