Three suspected robbers, including a policeman, were arrested last Saturday at Okpoi Gonno, near the Spintex Road in Accra while fleeing after robbing their victim who had withdrawn money from the bank.
The suspects — Lance Corporal Nathaniel Akomea, Francis Amoako and Richard Boateng — had robbed their victim of GH¢5,640 and were getting away in a car.
However, the Director-General of Special Duties of the Ghana Police Service, Commissioner of Police (COP) Rev. David Nenyi Ampah-Bennin, who was in the company of his driver and body guard, pursued and arrested the robbers when he got to the scene of the robbery.
A yet-to-be-identified fourth member of the gang is still at large. Amoako and Boateng claimed to be National Security operatives.
Briefing newsmen on the incident, a police source said the Hollywood-style robbery started around the Palace Mall on the Spintex Road and ended near the Coca Cola Roundabout about 1 p.m.
According to the source, three suspects out of the four-member gang were apprehended and handed over to the Okpoi Gonno Police for further investigations.
It said the police commissioner was on his way from the direction of the Palace Mall and going towards Nungua when some occupants of a taxi persistently signalled him to stop.
The source said when the COP stopped, the victim of the robbery, Mr Emmanuel David, told him that the people on board a red Toyota Corolla, with registration number GE 340-18, had robbed him of GH¢5,640.
The victim indicated that he had withdrawn the money at the Ring Road Central branch of the Agricultural Development Bank (ADB).
Rev. Ampah-Bennin and his assistants on board his official vehicle gave the robbers a hot chase and cornered them at a spot close to the Coca Cola Roundabout, the source said.
It said the robbers were over-powered, handcuffed and taken to the Okpoi Gonno Police Station for further investigations.
It said Rev. Ampah-Bennin and his assistants retrieved one Suer pistol and the stolen amount in full from the robbers.
Their Toyota Corolla is also in the custody of the
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- CELEBRITY GOSSIP2019.09.19Counsellor Lutterodt Banned From Counselling On TV, Radio
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.09.17Riots At Sandema SHTS: Autopsy Report Indicts Police For Student’s Death
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.09.17Find Out How Much More You Will Be Paying As Transport Fare
- LET US TALK ABOUT SEX2019.09.14FULL STORY: Pregnant For My Blood Brother – Woman Cries Out