They, however, could not steal anything.
The robbers numbering six, armed with knives and other implements entered the banking hall at about 2:15 am after breaking the back emergency exit door where they ransacked the teller drawers and secured one of the two vault keys but threw it away on realising they could not access the vault.
Police said the robbers attempted to remove a flat screen television set and a decoder but abandoned it and bolted by scaling the fence wall when a security man alerted an armed police on duty and they both rushed to the exit door ready to engage them.
The Ghanaian Times also gathered that on Saturday after the bank closed at 4:00pm, a security man by name Bernard Baah, during routine checks to ensure switches had been turned off among others things, found a polythene bag containing an amount of GH¢35,534.00 left behind by the Head Teller, Mrs Medina Ablorh, and hid it in the boot of one of the bank’s cars parked in the yard.
Baah after locking the bank gave the keys to his supervisor, Christian Ago who sent same to the police station for safe keeping.
For unknown reasons Baah did not inform his supervisor immediately about the money in the polythene bag.
The money turned out to be National Lottery Authority coupon sales supposed to have been lodged into the authority’s account.
Interestingly Baah informed the supervisor about the money in the polythene bag Sunday morning after the botched robbery operation.
The Tema Community One District Commander Chief Superintendent Stephen K. Kwakye confirmed the incident to the Ghanaian Times and said it was under investigation.
Chief Supt Kwakye said six break-ins had been recorded among some financial institutions located in the Meridian enclave since January 2019, adding police was doing all it can to unravel those behind those robberies.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors