Arguably the most vilified artiste in Ghana walked home the most celebrated at the 2019 edition of the 3Music Awards. It was simply an awards harvest for Shatta Wale who started trending for his grand entry into the 3Music Awards stage at the Fantasy Dome on Saturday night.
Hoisted up high, the controversial musician descended slowly and carefully onto the stage to open the second edition of the much-publicized Awards with an electrifying performance. But many were quick to forget that performance.
It was the number of times the artiste, born Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr, climbed the staged after that performance that got social media buzzing.
Apart from being the first to perform, Shatta Wale became the first artiste to win an award this year. His ‘Gringo’ song was adjudged the ‘Viral Song of the Year’. The floodgates were opened after that and the dancehall act’s awards sweep fest begun.
His strong unflinching fan base – Shatta Movement – was adjudged ‘Fan Army of the Year’ while his smash hit, ‘My Level’ picked up the award for ‘Song of the Year’.
After picking up the ‘Reggae/Dancehall Act of the Year’ award, Shatta Wale sought solace in the Bible by quoting: “So God said in Philippians 4:19 that…’ my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus…’”
He was however overwhelmed by emotions when he was called to receive the ‘Video of the Year’ award. He left the stage in tears after saying: “Daddy wherever you are I want to dedicate this to you man.”
When he was announced as the last award recipient of the night ‘Music Man of the Year (Male Act of the Year), a fulfilled Shatta Wale in his acceptance speech said, “when I say Shatta Movement, say for life…Father God, I thank you for this award.
I thank you for this long journey, I have been in this industry for over 15 years now, I’ve never picked the ‘Man of the Year’ like this but I thank God that I’m standing here today and I have the strength and it’s all about wisdom and understanding…”
Even though he dominated, the 2019 edition of the 3Music Awards, which was live on Joy Prime and was in partnership with The Multimedia Group – Joy FM, Hitz FM, Joy Prime, and other brands, saw other deserving artistes walk home with awards.
Stonebwoy, perhaps one act many were looking forward to slugging it out with Shatta Wale for who reigns supreme on the night, won three awards on the night.
The dancehall act, who was not present at the Awards, was no match for Shatta Wale. At the end of hostilities, the Ashaiman-based act won ‘Afrobeats Song of the Year’ for ‘Bawasaaba’, ‘Album of the Year’, for ‘Epistles of Mama’ and ‘Most Streamed Artiste on Boom play’ award.
Talented young act Kuami Eugene was adjudged ‘Highlife Act of the Year’ while his smash hit ‘Wish Me Well’ won ‘Highlife Song of the Year’.
Gospel group Bethel Revival Choir won the hearts of many. Apart from their beautiful blend of traditional and modern melodies, the group was duly rewarded for their exploits.
ALSO, READ MORE NEWS ON OUR HOME PAGE
Bethel Revival Choir took home three awards on the night. The group won ‘Gospel Song of the Year’, ‘Gospel Act of the Year’ and ‘Group of the Year’.
The most touching award on the night went to legendary gospel musician Prof. Kofi Abraham. His Legendary Award was very crucial considering the fact that he has been doing music since the 1970s and with over 30 albums to his credit, this is his first award/recognition.
ALSO READ RELATED NEWS ARTICLES
- I Stopped Samini, Stonebwoy From Performing At Shatta Wale’s Concert – Bulldog
- Shatta Wale Confirms Split With Zylofon Music???
- PHOTOS: Shatta Wale Shatters 2019 3Music Awards, Bags 8 Awards
- Stonebwoy Pulls Gun As Fans Clash On Stage
- Charterhouse To Announce Sanctions Against Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale
Veteran highlife musician Obuoba J.A. Adofo and music producer Mark Okraku Mantey also received Honorary Awards.
See the full list of winners here: Winners at 2019 edition of the 3Music Awards
The 2019 3Music Awards, which had Lexis Bill and Cookie as hosts and Andy Dosty behind the turntables, also witnessed some impressive performances.
Apart from Shatta Wale, the event witnessed performances from Cina Soul, Kofi Mole, Bethel Revival Choir, Medikal, Akwaboah Jnr, Adina, Wendy Shay, Victor AD, La Meme Gang, Joey B, Rocky Dawuni and Samini.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- NAM 12019.08.19VIDEO: Release My Bank Account For Me To Pay My Debtors – Nam 1 Pleads With GOVT
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.08.12More Money To Revive GN Savings Soon – Nduom
- TOP STORIES2019.08.10VIDEO: How Money Is Stolen From Your Mobile Money Account – Hacker Reveals
- TOP STORIES2019.08.09VIDEO: National Security Storms Kumasi-Picks 4 Indians-2 Ghanians – 2Cars – Mobile Phone – Bulk Cash