An unidentified man was in the wee hours of Saturday, June 15, 2019, lynched by an angry mob at Agomanya Ablotsi in the Lower Manya Krobo municipal of the Eastern region.
The lifeless body of the victim who suffered multiple injuries from the attack laid in a gutter until 9 am when a team of police personnel from the Odumase Police Command arrived to convey the body to the Atua Govt hospital morgue where it was deposited for autopsy.
The victim who appeared to be in his early thirties was not known in the area as most residents who spoke to our reporter said they did not know where he came from, explaining that they only found his lifeless body in the morning.
Detective Inspector George Koranteng of the Odumase police station said his outfit received information on the incident at 7:30 am.
MORE GHANA NEWS ON OUR HOME PAGE
According to him, not much information had been received on the incident but said investigations have been launched. He further cautioned the public not to resort to lynching suspects but report such incidents to the police.
Assemblyman for Agomanya Ablotsi Nirththe area said he proceeded to the scene just before 6 am when he received information about the incident.
SEE PHOTO FOR YOURSELF
Though he expressed regret over the incident, he nevertheless condemned incidents of rampant stealing at Agomanya and its environs, adding that plans were underway to hold a public forum to find ways to resolve the issues of stealing.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING NOW
- Counsellor Lutterodt Banned From Counselling On TV, Radio
- Riots At Sandema SHTS: Autopsy Report Indicts Police For Student’s Death
- Find Out How Much More You Will Be Paying As Transport Fare
- FULL STORY: Pregnant For My Blood Brother – Woman Cries Out
- FULL VIDEO: Meet Shatta Bandle The Self Acclaimed Richest Man
The latest incident brings to two the number of suspected thieves lynched in the area within the last three months. Residents expressed outrage over rising incidents of theft in the area.
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.06.23Agomanya: Photos: Woman Found Dead
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.06.15PHOTO: Suspected Thief Lynched At Agomanya
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.05.22Murdered Teacher : Hon. Atta Akyea Visits Bereaved Family, Donates ₵2,000
- LOCAL NEWS2019.05.22Mass Power Disconnection: Krobos Clash With Police, PDS Staff.