The Church of Pentecost has banned sexually suggestive pre-wedding photo shoots.
According to the Church, a lot of would-be couples abuse the act by going to the extreme of “touching” vital areas of each other as if they were already married.
The Church has also prohibited the serving of alcoholic beverages and playing of secular songs with ungodly lyrics during wedding receptions.
This was announced on Saturday by the General Secretary of the Church, Apostle Nana Yaw Kumi, at the Church’s Global Minister’s Conference at the Pentecost Convention Center (PCC) – Gomoa Fetteh near Kasoa in the Central Region.
“During the pre-engagement time, under the guise of courting, they would be taking all sorts of pictures and spread it all over the place, and the pictures suggest they are already married,” Apostle Kumi stated.
“You would realise that, where they are touching and what they are doing are things that are supposed to be done by marriage couples. So we really want to discourage that… some are even bold enough to bring it on the day of the celebration of the marriage, you see them on the screen – somebody has raised the lady, sitting on his lap, touching this place and all that. We really want to discourage it that is what mean by modestly and decently.”
Pastors of the Church have, therefore, been charged to encourage moderate and decent weddings to cut down cost.
The Church has also initiated measures to strengthen premarital counselling for prospective couple before brought to the alter to reduce divorce rate.
According to the Church, it shall continue to hold in high esteem chastity in marriage and strongly frown upon premarital sexual relationship between prospective couples.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- CELEBRITY GOSSIP2019.09.19Counsellor Lutterodt Banned From Counselling On TV, Radio
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.09.17Riots At Sandema SHTS: Autopsy Report Indicts Police For Student’s Death
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.09.17Find Out How Much More You Will Be Paying As Transport Fare
- LET US TALK ABOUT SEX2019.09.14FULL STORY: Pregnant For My Blood Brother – Woman Cries Out