Zoe Embassy: Pastor Kobiri whisked to CID headquarters for interrogation.
The owner of the two schemes, pastor Kelvin Kobiri who is the founder of the Zoe Outreach Embassy has been taken to the Police CID headquarters for interrogation.
The customers were met with a security blockade of police and soldiers who denied them access to the church premises.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING NOW…
- MenzGold Boss NAM1 Arrives Home. Due For Court
- Just In: Nam1 Faces Another Law Suit In Dubai; He Was Not Given $39m
- NAM1 Rearrested In Dubai
- Aggrieved Menzgold Customers To Picket April 2
- Menzgold files last minute defense in case filed by 53 soldiers
- Prez Akufo-Addo Finally breaks his silence on the Menzgold saga
- EOCO has not received any cash or phone from NAM1 – Executive Director
- Why NAM1’s private jet cannot be impounded
- Menzgold brand ambassador Okyeame Kwame tight-lipped on saga
- MenzGold Saga Turns Worst: Zylofone FM & TV Suspend Services Over EOCO Asset Freeze Notice
The security officials assaulted the customers who resisted attempts to stop them.
A Joy News cameraman was also assaulted while covering fracas and his camera was temporarily seized.
After his church service, Pastor Kobiri was escorted to the CID headquarters along with some of the aggrieved customers.
The aggrieved customers say the police have taken statements from them.
How the investment worked
They customers, made up of Pastor Kobiri’s church members and some outsiders say they were convinced by the preacher and or his assigns to invest in the scheme for returns.
Many of them including Mustapha Alor and Thompson Agyeman who spoke to Joy News said they neither sought professional advice nor checked the registration status of EL Real Estates and Tikowre Capital with the regulator, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) because their trust in the head pastor was sufficient.
FIND SIMILAR STORIES>>> HERE
They added that even when other microfinance institutions were going through crises, Pastor Kelvin Kobiri, owner of the companies and were able to honour his companies’ financial obligations to them by paying ¢90,000 of the invested capital,¢150,000.
However, for the past few months, things have come to a head and the customers have not been paid any interest or been able to retrieve their invested funds.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors