Ofosu-Ampofo Trial: Verdict Set For July 30. The Accra High Court on Tuesday set July 30, to rule on a stay of proceedings application by Tony Lithur, lead counsel for Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo, Chairman for the National Democratic Congress charged with conspiracy to cause harm and assault on public officers.
The adjournment is to allow both the members of the bar and bench to attend an on-going conference.
The Court presided over by Samuel K. Asiedu said he will take oral submissions instead of written ones to prevent delays in the process.
This is because both the Attorney General and defence counsel had caused delays by not filing their applications on time, not responding on time or failing to respond to some motions filed at all.
Director of Public Prosecutions at the Attorney-General’s Office Mrs Yvonne Attakora Obuobisa, on Tuesday, told the Court that the (AG) had filed an affidavit in opposition to the application, but Mr Lithur denied being served with that.
Mr Lithur asked that written submissions be allowed to enable the case to proceed but the judge said he would prefer oral ones to fast track the trial.
The Court then asked the Prosecution to present its first witness but it told the Court that the witness was indisposed.
The prosecution had earlier told the court that in January this year,2019, a by-election was conducted at the Ayawaso West Wuogon Constituency as a result of the demise of its Member of Parliament.
The Prosecution said there were disturbances in the course of the elections and on February 3, Mr Ofosu-Ampofo met the Party’s Communication Directors at its Headquarters located at Adabraka, a suburb of Accra.
The prosecution said an audio recording which came out of the meeting and was circulated by a cross-section of the media contained a set-up of a road-map of criminal activities targeted at the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission (EC) and the Chairman of the National Peace Council among others.
The Prosecution said the tape was intercepted by the Criminal Investigation Department of the Police Service.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING
- VIDEO: Release My Bank Account For Me To Pay My Debtors – Nam 1 Pleads With GOVT
- More Money To Revive GN Savings Soon – Nduom
- VIDEO: How Money Is Stolen From Your Mobile Money Account – Hacker Reveals
- VIDEO: National Security Storms Kumasi-Picks 4 Indians-2 Ghanians – 2Cars – Mobile Phone – Bulk Cash
- VIDEO: HORROR As Man Commits The Unthinkable Suicide
The AG said that the orchestrated electoral violence plot was going to be blamed on the New Patriotic Party, which is the ruling party.
The Prosecution said, Mr Boahen later confirmed being at the meeting as well as confessed that the content of the tape was true on a popular radio station.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- NAM 12019.08.19VIDEO: Release My Bank Account For Me To Pay My Debtors – Nam 1 Pleads With GOVT
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.08.12More Money To Revive GN Savings Soon – Nduom
- TOP STORIES2019.08.10VIDEO: How Money Is Stolen From Your Mobile Money Account – Hacker Reveals
- TOP STORIES2019.08.09VIDEO: National Security Storms Kumasi-Picks 4 Indians-2 Ghanians – 2Cars – Mobile Phone – Bulk Cash