Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo’s arrest on Tuesday followed his refusal to honour an invitation to report to the Director-General of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) COP Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah to assist in investigations into the recent spate of kidnappings and arson in Ghana. Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo’s arrest on Tuesday followed his refusal to honour an invitation to report to the Director-General of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) COP Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah to assist in investigations into the recent spate of kidnappings and arson in Ghana.
The arrest of the National Chairman of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo was arranged to avoid an uproar by members of the party, this is according to one of his lawyers, Abraham Amaliba.
MORE RELATED NEWS
- Counsellor Lutterodt Banned From Counselling On TV, Radio
- Riots At Sandema SHTS: Autopsy Report Indicts Police For Student’s Death
- Find Out How Much More You Will Be Paying As Transport Fare
- FULL STORY: Pregnant For My Blood Brother – Woman Cries Out
- FULL VIDEO: Meet Shatta Bandle The Self Acclaimed Richest Man
A suspect is reported to have accused the NDC chairman of being behind the crimes, a situation which informed the police to invite him for questioning and subsequently secured an arrest warrant on him.
But speaking to Yem Radio monitored by MyNewsGh.com, Lawyer Amaliba said the time and venue for the arrest was arranged and agreed upon with the police.
“We had agreed that they can come to Ato Ahwoi’s office at church street-Labone [we gave the address]” he said.
In a further narration, he stated that the National Chairman together with his Lawyers arrived at the stated location 45 minutes before the arrival of the Police. The arrangement according to him was meant to avoid an embarrassing style of arrest that could likely spark agitations amongst party supporters.
GET MORE NEWS ON OUR HOME PAGE
According to him, an additional agreement with the Police included that Mr Ofosu Ampofo would not stay at the Police CID for over an hour. This, however, was breached by the CID boss when the National Chairman was detained for five hours, sparking an uneasy calm.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors