Nam1 released from police custody-as court lessons bail- but will rest a while before engaging customers says PRO.
The embattled Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Menzgold, Nana Appiah Mensah, aka NAM1, has been released from police custody after meeting his new bail conditions.
Sources close to the case told the Confirm Radio that Nana Appiah was released around 4 p.m. yesterday Tuesday, August 6 following the signing of his bail bond by five individuals at the registry of the Accra Circuit Court.
Earlier on Tuesday, the court varied the bail conditions to allow for five sureties to guarantee his bail without showing evidence of having properties worth the GH¢1 billion bail sum.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING NOW
- VIDEO: Release My Bank Account For Me To Pay My Debtors – Nam 1 Pleads With GOVT
- Just In: Nam1 Faces Another Law Suit In Dubai; He Was Not Given $39m
- NAM1 Rearrested In Dubai
- Menzgold files last minute defense in case filed by 53 soldiers
- Prez Akufo-Addo Finally breaks his silence on the Menzgold saga
The court presided over by Mrs Jane Harriet Akweley Quaye, varied the bail conditions following an application by Mr Kwame Boafo Akuffo, counsel for Nana Appiah.
It, however, refused a request by the counsel for a reduction of the bail sum from GH¢1 billion to GH¢20 million.
Meanwhile management of troubled gold dealership company, Menzgold says it’s Chief Executive Officer, Nana Appiah Mensah, popularly known as NAM1, will be given some time off to rest before engaging customers on the way forward.
The company’s Public Relations Officer, Nii Armaah Amarteifio says a news conference would be held soon to address clients after NAM 1 has taken a good rest and refreshed.
“Off course it’s fair to give him some time to rest for a while and then after that management will have a meeting with him then we’ll also have a plan to see how best we can arrange for a news conference or for him to address customers and then to let them know the way forward as a company,” he told host Kweku Owusu Adjei on Anopa Kasapa on Kasapa 102.5 Fm Wednesday.
He was charged with abetment of crime, defrauding by false pretences, carrying on a deposit-taking business without a licence, sale of minerals without a licence, unlawful deposit-taking, and money laundering
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- NAM 12019.08.19VIDEO: Release My Bank Account For Me To Pay My Debtors – Nam 1 Pleads With GOVT
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.08.12More Money To Revive GN Savings Soon – Nduom
- TOP STORIES2019.08.10VIDEO: How Money Is Stolen From Your Mobile Money Account – Hacker Reveals
- TOP STORIES2019.08.09VIDEO: National Security Storms Kumasi-Picks 4 Indians-2 Ghanians – 2Cars – Mobile Phone – Bulk Cash