The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Menzgold Ghana Limited, Nana Appiah Mensah, aka NAM1, is said to have defrauded 16,000 people of GH¢1.68billion according to state prosecutors.
State prosecutors are alleging that the CEO of controversial gold dealership firm, Menzgold, Nam1, defrauded about 16,000 people of GH¢1.68 billion on the name of investing their monies.
It is the case of the state that the embattled CEO, who returned to Accra on Thursday July 11, 2019 after months of detention in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, contravened sections of the Banks and Specialised Deposits Taking Act, 930 and the Criminal Offences Act while operating Menzgold and its sister company, Brew Marketing.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING…
- VIDEO: Release My Bank Account For Me To Pay My Debtors – Nam 1 Pleads With GOVT
- Just In: Nam1 Faces Another Law Suit In Dubai; He Was Not Given $39m
- NAM1 Rearrested In Dubai
- Menzgold files last minute defense in case filed by 53 soldiers
- Prez Akufo-Addo Finally breaks his silence on the Menzgold saga
- EOCO has not received any cash or phone from NAM1 – Executive Director
- Why NAM1’s private jet cannot be impounded
- Shatta Wale Confirms Split With Zylofon Music???
Particulars of the offences
A charge sheet sighted has the details that stated that between January 2017 and September 2018, Brew Marketing Consult and Menzgold defrauded one Francis Agodzie and 16,000 others of more than GH¢1.68 billion.
It further accused the two entities of carrying out an illegal deposit-taking business during the same period.
The charge sheet explained that Mensah, Appiah and Tetteh aided Brew Marketing Consult and Menzgold to defraud the customers of the GH¢1.68 billion.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE TO READ:
With regard to the charge of abetment to carrying out deposit-taking business without a licence, the three suspects are accused of aiding the two companies to illegally carry out a deposit-taking business.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors