Scores of youth in Manya Kpongunor in the Lower Manya Krobo District of the Eastern Region has clashed with officials of Power Distribution Service (PDS) and the police following a mass disconnection exercise.
The national power distributor is embarking on a mass disconnection exercise dubbed: ‘Revenue Mobilisation’ in Somanya, Odumase Krobo and its environs.
READ MORE NEWS ON OUR HOME PAGE
According to the Somanya District Manager of PDS, Mr. Edward Ochire, the exercise has become necessary due to the failure by the residents to pay their electricity bills since 2017. He added that the development has led to shortfalls in the revenue of the company.
Although the PDS officials carried out the exercise under heavy security presence, the youth defied the security arrangement and violently stopped them from carrying out their activity.
READ MORE RELATED NEWS….
- Counsellor Lutterodt Banned From Counselling On TV, Radio
- Riots At Sandema SHTS: Autopsy Report Indicts Police For Student’s Death
- Find Out How Much More You Will Be Paying As Transport Fare
- FULL STORY: Pregnant For My Blood Brother – Woman Cries Out
- FULL VIDEO: Meet Shatta Bandle The Self Acclaimed Richest Man
The irate youth blocked roads,attacked a police station and burnt a police pick up.
Our easten region reporter Kofi Michel confirms that during the attck on the police station,the police had to fire warning shots to disperse the angry youth.
Meanwhile, the police have arrested some of the irate youth involved in the attack.
Story by Kofi Michel
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.06.23Agomanya: Photos: Woman Found Dead
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.06.15PHOTO: Suspected Thief Lynched At Agomanya
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.05.22Murdered Teacher : Hon. Atta Akyea Visits Bereaved Family, Donates ₵2,000
- LOCAL NEWS2019.05.22Mass Power Disconnection: Krobos Clash With Police, PDS Staff.