Sixteen persons have been arrested in connection with the renewed Komkomba, Chokosi conflict in the Chereponi Dirstrict of the North East Region.
One of the suspects who fired at security personnel was shot in the thigh and is receiving treatment at the Chereponi hospital under security guard.
A number of weapons have also been seized from the feuding factions.
READ MORE RELATED NEWS ARTICLE
- Profile of deported ex-UBS trader, Kweku Adoboli
- God Is As Useless As Lipstick On A Pig If He Cannot Protect His Followers – Says Editor Of GhanaCelebrities
- He Worshiped Deities, Sacrificed His Family’ – Assemblies of God Pastor Killer Alleges – VIDEO
- Youngman Kills Father, Wounds Brother With A Gun Over Bowl Of Soup
According to the Public Relations Officer of the Northern Regional Police Command, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Mr Mohammed Yusif Tanko the police and military team patrolling the communities have brought the situation under control.
For latest news in Ghana,
visit Confirm Radio news headlines page Ghana News Page
Several communities in the conflict area have been torched while many people including government workers are said to be fleeing from the area.
So far, one death has been recorded with three injuries.
The latest clashes between the two ethnic groups started last Saturday.
Meanwhile the Northern Regional Peace Council (NPC) has called for a truce between the Konkombas and the Chokosis in the Chereponi District in the North East Region.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors