A former National Organiser of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Kofi Adams has petitioned the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service to invite popular preacher Rev. Owusu Bempah over allegations that some people are planning to assassinate President Akufo-Addo and his vice.
The petition which was submitted at the CID headquarters Wednesday, 13 March 2019, said: “The Rev. Owusu Bempah, a popular Ghanaian preacher alleged on the OMAN FM on the 28th of February 2019 on its morning show hosted by one Akua Asabea Croppa that certain persons have been contracted to kill the President and Vice-President of the Republic of Ghana. He further said had personal knowledge of the details of the plot and the persons behind it.”
Mr. Adams also made a copy of the interview available to the investigative body for further interrogation.
His petition follows a recent invitation to a popular radio broadcaster Salifu Maase of XYZ radio who alleged on his show that an investigative journalist Manasseh Azure Awuni’s life is in danger for exposing the operations of a militia group linked to the ruling New Patriotic Party.
Maase, popularly called Mugabe, is expected to re-appear before a CID panel.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors