I’ll be disappointed if Ofosu Ampofo honors police CID’s invitation – Sam George has said
The Member of Parliament (MP) for Ningo Prampram, Samuel Nartey George, says he would be disappointed in the Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Samuel Ofosu Ampofo if he avails himself to the police.
The NDC national chairman has been invited by the Criminal Investigations Department of the Ghana Police Service to answer questions regarding incidences of kidnapping and market fires experienced in the country.
In the past few months, the police have been on the case of Mr. Ampofo for comments he made in a leaked tape of a private meeting with an NDC communication team in which they were allegedly conspiring and promoting kidnapping and violence in the country.
But speaking on TV3’s New Day Thursday, the NDC MP noted that it would be disappointing for the national chairman of the NDC to honor the new invitation of the police, whom he described as “incompetent”.
“You have the same director of CID who should by now have been fired, sacked for her heartless comments worsening that family [family of the kidnapped Takoradi girls], issue that apology of a letter to the national chairman of the great national chairman of the NDC, that her investigation points to the fact that the kidnappings and recent fire outbreaks are connected to our national chairman”, he said.
According to the MP, the Ghana police service has failed in its mandate to enforce the laws of the country, which he claims the president condones.
He also accused the director of police CID boss, COP Tiwaa Addo-Danquah, of unprofessionalism and doing the bidding of President, claiming she has enjoyed political favor under the NPP.
- Profile of deported ex-UBS trader, Kweku Adoboli
- God Is As Useless As Lipstick On A Pig If He Cannot Protect His Followers – Says Editor Of GhanaCelebrities
- He Worshiped Deities, Sacrificed His Family’ – Assemblies of God Pastor Killer Alleges – VIDEO
- Youngman Kills Father, Wounds Brother With A Gun Over Bowl Of Soup
- Gang of Six (All Ghanaians) Found Guilty And Sentenced For £1 million Series Of Frauds
“It is because the citizens are not angry enough. We have sat down and allowed people who we pay with our tax payer’s money misbehave and fail on their jobs. What have we seen, our president has been promoting her. The president has promoted her twice in the space of a year,” he fumed.
But a member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) communications team, Eric Amoako Twum, argues that the police are simply doing their job. According to him, the government is committed to ensuring law and order.
Meanwhile, counsel for Mr. Ampofo, Abraham Amaliba, had said they will represent their client at the CID’s office but stated Mr. Ampofo himself may not show up.
Some party executives including the NDC National Communications officer, Sammy Gyamfi and Deputy National Secretary, Peter Otokonor, had said Mr. Ampofo should not honor the CID’s invitation.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors