Amakye Dede was forced to crown Kuami Eugene ‘Highlife King’ – Manager. Weeks after the 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs), the awards ceremony is still in the news over happenings on the night.
Amongst things that took place on the night is highlife legend Amakye Dede praising Highlife Artistes of the Year Kuami Eugene for his talent and crowning him ‘Highlife King’.
Following the crowning, there have been criticisms from entertainment pundits that it was out of place for the highlife legend to do so.
While others argued Kuami Eugene does not deserve to be Highlife King, others say Amakye Dede could have chosen a better platform to crown the young artiste.
It is on the back of these criticisms that the manager of Amakye Dede says his artiste crowned Kuami Eugene against his will. Amakye Dede was too forced to crown Kuame Eugen, and as long as it was against his will, this label the crowning as FAKE.
Reacting to the issue on Anigye Mmre on Onua FM, monitored by Confirm Radio, Akwesi Aboagye said what happened on Saturday, May 18 was not part of his artiste’s rehearsed act.
“KiKi Banson, who was in charge of artiste repertoire for this year’s VGMAs, called to inform him that as part of Amakye Dede’s performance, they want him to crown Kuami Eugene and I told him I have to speak to my artiste about it.
“Amakye Dede was not in support of it when i informed him, so I was surprised to see him act against his will,” Mr. Aboagye explained.
MORE SHOWBIZ NEWS…
- Video: I Pay Male Prostitutes To L***k My Pu***sy – Afia Schwarzenegger
- UPDATE: Wendy Shay Not Sacked As An Ambassador – Youth Employment Agency
- Wendy Shay Loses YEA Ambassadorial Role?
- Blakk Rasta: Listen To His New Track That’s Making People Shed Tears
- CHRIS ATTOH: 1 PHOTO POPS UP: See Alleged Killer Of Chris Attoh’s Wife
According to him, he got the news later since he wasn’t at the event.
He said when he questioned Amakye Dede, the artist said he was persuaded by Kiki Banson to crown the young artiste.
Mr. Aboagye noted that Amakye Dede still declined the offer despite the persuasion, but he was ‘ambushed’ on stage when a crown was given him unexpectedly to be put on Kuami Eugene’s head.
“So those who watched that act will know that something was not right. According to Amakye Dede, he was surprised to see a lady walk on stage to hand over a crown to him,” Mr. Aboagye narrated.
Even though people have said Amakye Dede should have declined that act if it was not in his interest, others to have argued that the organizers of VGMA must apologize to Amakye Dede because they ambushed him.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors