Some vendors are cashing in on a variety of mouthwash products on the streets of Accra without appropriate certification.
The Public Health Act 2012, Act 851, prohibits the manufacture and sale of food or drugs unless approved by the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA), and the use of this mouthwash and other unapproved drugs could be detrimental to the health of consumers.
There are different types of unapproved mouthwash, both liquid and powdered that have surfaced on the market being manufactured locally or imported from neighboring Nigeria.
For two months, TV3’s Peter Quao Adattor was on the streets of Accra monitoring the illegal mouthwash trade.
He sought to gain more insight into activities of makers of these mouthwashes.
Most of these mouthwashes are made under unhygienic conditions with ingredients such as water, hydrogen peroxide, citric acid, and Listerine, some of which experts say could be harmful.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors