The government has suspended PDS Agreement-ECG takes over again.
Government has suspended the concession agreement with Power Distribution Services (PDS), bringing back the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) to be in full control of power distribution.
According to Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the decision was taken after government detected “fundamental and material breaches of PDS’s obligation in the provision of Payment Securities (Demand Guarantees) for the transaction which has been discovered upon further due diligence.”
Breaking the news on Joy News’ PM Express show Tuesday, he said the government wants to secure ECG’s assets that were handed to PDS as part of the concession agreement.
“We have through deep intelligence detected that they have issues with those guarantees that were provided…they were not valid and as a step, we have taken measure to secure the assets of the state by suspending the concession agreement,” he told host Evans Mensah.
The Ofoase Ayeribi MP also disclosed that the Energy Commission has moved to revoke PDS’ distribution license and allow ECG to go back to work while government undertakes a full-scale enquiry.
PDS became the first private company to manage the affairs of ECG after Ghana won the Power Compact II that will inject some $900 million into power distribution.
Below is the statement from the government
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- NAM 12019.08.19VIDEO: Release My Bank Account For Me To Pay My Debtors – Nam 1 Pleads With GOVT
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.08.12More Money To Revive GN Savings Soon – Nduom
- TOP STORIES2019.08.10VIDEO: How Money Is Stolen From Your Mobile Money Account – Hacker Reveals
- TOP STORIES2019.08.09VIDEO: National Security Storms Kumasi-Picks 4 Indians-2 Ghanians – 2Cars – Mobile Phone – Bulk Cash