The killing of a pastor of the Assemblies of God church in Tema Community 4 has sparked an intense online debate over religion and the promises it makes to its followers which never seem to get fulfiled.
The pastor was stabbed to death in church, the house of God, whilst preparing to come out and deliver his usual Sunday sermon to his congregation. A man of God being killed in God’s own house is surely a cause for alarm about what benefits one accrues from being a Christian that is unavailable to the believer.
Founding Editor of ghanacelebrities.com, Chris-Vincent Agyapong Febiri, has queried his followers about the use of a God who promises one protection but can’t protect his own messengers in his own house?
Writing on Facebook, Chris said, in that case, God is as useless as lipstick on a pig because he really gives his followers no special protection than others.
Check out his post below…
Anytime God, I mean the Abrahamic God is given the opportunity to show his might, he woefully disappoints. Yet he makes so many promises and claims which mounting evidence contradict. This same God says at 2 Thessalonians 3:3 through his chosen man that “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”
Yet when evil looms against his people, he fails to show up.
Today, at church, a place where he is said to dwell, one of his men, was stabbed to death—and he did nothing about it. The pastor faced uncommon evil, and he didn’t honour his promise.
Why be friends, let alone worship a God who does not keep to his promise to you? Why keep yours to him then?
A God, a delusion of credulity!
The evidence all point to the fact that, the conception of a God is our infantile attempt to understand our universe and it is entirely wrong.
We are animals, belonging to the genus homos, one of many species that once existed and now the others are extinct. We are nothing special—and have no relationship with any God.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- CELEBRITY GOSSIP2019.09.19Counsellor Lutterodt Banned From Counselling On TV, Radio
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.09.17Riots At Sandema SHTS: Autopsy Report Indicts Police For Student’s Death
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.09.17Find Out How Much More You Will Be Paying As Transport Fare
- LET US TALK ABOUT SEX2019.09.14FULL STORY: Pregnant For My Blood Brother – Woman Cries Out