While working to restore power supply to some parts of the capital city, Accra, so as to ease the intermittent power cuts, some angry local at Kokrobite pounced on workers of Power Distribution Service (PDS), which recently took over the management of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), and unleased their anger on them, cutting one staff’s nose with a machete in the attack on Saturday, 16 March 2019.
The cutlassed PDS staff had to be rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment.
It is not clear what triggered the attack on the PDS staff but a communication consultant with the Energy Ministry, Nana Damoah, took to Facebook to appeal to Ghanaians to be tolerant of PDS staff.
“We plead with all Ghanaians and consumers of power to please be a bit more considerate in their actions. Yesterday, as staff of PDS/ECG worked to restore power to residents around Krokrobite, they were attacked and beaten. One of the men working to restore power sustained a cutlass wound on his nose. This is very unfortunate.
“As various teams are out in the field working to restore power in the problematic areas, please let’s guarantee their safety, so, they can deliver for us. It is essential for our own good”, he said.
Power supply has been erratic in the past few days as a result of a technical problem caused by some construction work on the Pokuase stretch.
Source: Class News
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors