Black Stars coach, Kwasi Appiah has named Dede Ayew as the permanent captain of the team black stars,which wasnt what people thought off when Asamoah Gyan reversed his decision to retire from the team upon meeting with prez Nana-Addo.
This follows a meeting with the top brass of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) Normalization Committee (NC) after which approval and full backing was granted to the plans of the coach.
READ MORE GHANA NEWS ON OUR HOME PAGE
Dede Ayew replaces Asamoah Gyan, as captain of the Black Stars.
Gyan, who has captained the Black Stars for a record seven years has been elevated to the position of “General Captain”.
Subsequently, Kwadwo Asamoah has been named the deputy captain.
MORE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES
- BOMBSHELL: Confusion Reigns As Dan Kweku Yeboah Sidelined Ahead Of AFCON 2019 Trip, Baah Nuakoh Takes Over
- Dede Ayew Is New Black Stars Captain
- Asamoah Gyan Named In Kwesi Appiah’s Provisional Squad
- I Can’t Disregard Akufo-Addo; Asamoah Gyan Rescinds Decision On Retirement
- Akufo-Addo Urges Asamoah Gyan To Rescind Decision
President of the GFA-NC Dr Kofi Amoah has called on all stakeholders and citizens to support the transition whilst the Black Stars prepare their assault and conquest of Africa at AFCON 2019.
By Dela AHADJIE