Reggae/dancehall artistes Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy are to be sanctioned by the organizers of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) for the scuffle that broke between them on stage at the 20th VGMA Awards on Sunday.
According to Charterhouse, the action of the two artists who have been arch rivals for years breached the terms and conditions governing the country’s premier music awards event.
These terms and conditions, it said in a statement Sunday, “come with punitive measures when flouted”.
GET MORE GHANA NEWS ON OUR HOME PAGE
The organizers explained that it is designed “to protect the scheme and ensure that it is neither impugned nor dragged into any sort of disrepute”.
Shatta and Stonebwoy were embroiled in a scuffle causing the latter to pull out a gun on stage in what many have said were in self-defense.
Stonebwoy who had just been declared the winner of the 2019 Reggae and Dancehall Artiste of the Year, was on stage to receive his award when Shatta Wale and his multitude of fans decided to mount the stage with him in what some perceived to be in a confrontational manner leading to the scuffle.
READ RELATED NEWS UPDATE
- Counsellor Lutterodt Banned From Counselling On TV, Radio
- Video: I Pay Male Prostitutes To L***k My Pu***sy – Afia Schwarzenegger
- UPDATE: Wendy Shay Not Sacked As An Ambassador – Youth Employment Agency
- Wendy Shay Loses YEA Ambassadorial Role?
- Blakk Rasta: Listen To His New Track That’s Making People Shed Tears
They were on Sunday invited by the police for questioning over the matter.
“Charterhouse and the board have taken serious exception to the incident that happened at the 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards and thus would ensure that the needed sanctions are applied,” it said.
The organizers would hold a news conference to address the issue at the event, including punitive measures agreed on in consultation with the Board and other affiliates of the award scheme.
Charterhouse added they have reported the incident to the police and have been cooperating with the police to investigate and to ensure that “the true facts of what happened would be known and addressed”.
Meanwhile, they have apologized to Ghanaians for the incident which they said was as a result of “security breach”
“Being a special edition of the annual ceremony, months of planning had gone into giving the world a breath-taking event. Sadly, however, we were unable to give the full experience we had hoped to give as a result of this breach,” Charterhouse noted.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors