The Chairman of The Church of Pentecost, Apostle Eric Nyamekye, has directed Ministers of the Church to make available its premises to officials of the National Identification Authority(NIA) if requested to help support the success of the ongoing citizen’s registration exercise.
“Where possible, we are encouraged to make available our church premises for registration purposes when such requests are made by the registration authorities,”.
The Church of Pentecost has a total of 16,270 Assemblies nationwide with overall Membership of 2,759,647 in Ghana alone constituting 9.3% of the Country’s population.
Apostle Eric Nyamekye entreated members of the Church to fully participate in the ongoing nationwide registration exercise of the Ghana Card.
“As you may be aware, the Government is undertaking a nationwide registration of all Ghanaians. This national identification registration exercise among other things is envisioned to have a significant impact on our national cohesion and security.
“We are therefore encouraged to admonish our members to take this exercise seriously. Let us use our privileged position as a church to assist the government in making this very crucial national exercise a success.
The Chairman made the call in an address he delivered at the closing ceremony of the 16thExtraordinary Council Meeting of The Church of Pentecost at the Pentecost Convention Centre (PCC), Gomoa Fetteh.
READ MORE ARTICLES —
- Christian Atsu rescues mother, 2 daughters jailed for stealing corn worth GHC10
- Marriage Certificate of Gyan’s wife and alleged first husband pops up
- God Is As Useless As Lipstick On A Pig If He Cannot Protect His Followers – Says Editor Of GhanaCelebrities
- Kennedy Agyapong “Goes Wild” Over $800M Import Charges On His $4M Worth Of Goods
- Ghana To Go Free Port – Prez Nana Addo
The Ghana Card is the national identity card that is issued by the NIA to both resident and non-resident Ghanaian citizens. It is can also be issued to legally and permanently resident foreign nationals.
The card will serve as proof of identity, citizenship, and residence of the holder.
The mass registration and card issuance exercise are currently ongoing in the Greater Accra Region though with challenges it is expected to end on Saturday, July 6, 2019.
After Greater Accra, Registration for citizens in the Volta and Oti regions will kick off July 15 to August 1 while Northern, Savannah and North East regions – August 13 to September 2, 2019.
READ MORE NEWS ON OUR HOME PAGE
The Upper East and Upper West regions would have their turn from September 12 to 29. Others are Bono, Bono East, and Ahafo- October 10 – 30; Western Region and Western North – November 11 to December 2; Ashanti Region from December 10 to January 31, 2020.
The rest are Eastern Region – February 12- March 4; and Central Region – March 13-31,2020.
Story by: Kofi Michel
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.06.23Agomanya: Photos: Woman Found Dead
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.06.15PHOTO: Suspected Thief Lynched At Agomanya
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.05.22Murdered Teacher : Hon. Atta Akyea Visits Bereaved Family, Donates ₵2,000
- LOCAL NEWS2019.05.22Mass Power Disconnection: Krobos Clash With Police, PDS Staff.