Legendary Kuchoko artiste and radio presenter, Blakk Rasta released a total overhaul of an over 40-year-old Kakaiku song, Agyanka Ba (The Orphan) exactly a week ago and Ghanaians have since been ‘shedding tears’.
The little over 4 minutes song was produced by veteran musician Zap Mallet at the Title Track Studios here in Accra, Ghana.
The song talks about a father’s lament over his failing health and possible death leaving his five-year-old behind to face this wicked world. He offers him advice in the form of a letter. The delivery is so emotional it immediately draws tears from listeners.
GET MORE GHANA SHOWBIZ
NEWS ON OUR HOME PAGE
Agyanka Ba is a complex Kuchoko rendition combining Highlife and Reggae music in a lasagne of cherry-picked melodies. Palm wine guitars serenade the soft but hard-hitting song as Blakk Rasta delivers a poem that melts every heart, no matter hard it may seem.
The bass is infectious and remains with you long after listening as the tenor on it brightens it and keeps it antiquated. The song is delivered in English and Twi.
Several videos posted by people who have listened to Agyanka Ba show them mostly tearful and sorrowful. It looks like Blakk Rasta’s kind of Reggae which he calls Kuchoko (a blend of Reggae and indigenous African sounds) is here to stay.
MORE RELATED STORIES
- Video: I Pay Male Prostitutes To L***k My Pu***sy – Afia Schwarzenegger
- UPDATE: Wendy Shay Not Sacked As An Ambassador – Youth Employment Agency
- Wendy Shay Loses YEA Ambassadorial Role?
- Blakk Rasta: Listen To His New Track That’s Making People Shed Tears
- CHRIS ATTOH: 1 PHOTO POPS UP: See Alleged Killer Of Chris Attoh’s Wife
Connoisseurs of the art like Amandzeba, Dela Botri, Joseph Sam Sarge, Georges Kouakou (Alpha Blondy’s former producer), Prince Mydas, and Mikal Asher amongst others have rated Agyanka Ba multi stars and believe the song will make a historic mark worldwide.
“Everyone has been an orphan in many ways than one. When our parents abandon us, we become orphans. When we struggle through life unfairly, we find ourselves in orphaned situations,” Blakk Rasta told 3news in an exclusive interview.
Agyanka Ba is one of the 32 tracks to be released in the TIMBUKTU BY ROAD album by Blakk Rasta on September 2, 2019, in the United States.
Download or Listen to Agyanka Ba Produced By Zap Mallet.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors