The National Democratic Congress(NDC) is on an aggressive snap at the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission, Jean Mensa, for calling out its General Secretar, Asiedu Nketiah, at a recent Inter-Party Advisory Committee (IPAC) meeting.
The party feels slighted by the actions of the EC boss and has since complained about her posture.
Also Read : Be Respectful At EC Meetings – NDC Advised
In an interview with Winston Amoah on 3FM’s morning show, Sunrise, Deputy Minority Whip and Member of Parliament (MP) for Banda Constituency Ibrahim Ahmed lashed out at Mrs. Mensa, charging her to provide ‘intelligent answers” to the concerns raised by the NDC
His comments were on the back of a verbal banter between her and the General Secretary of the NDC, Johnson Asiedu Nketiah during last Thursday’s IPAC meeting.
Mrs. Mensah had accused the General Secretary of the NDC of disrespectful conduct by laughing while she was addressing his question, an act she deemed disruptive. Calling him to order did not go down well with Mr. Nketiah, who flared up.
However, the Member of Parliament (MP), who was not convinced with the response, admonished the Commission to adopt tolerance in dealing with such issues.
“Once you call for a meeting, be ready for intelligent questions and prepare intelligent answers to be given,” he said.
Meanwhile, a Political Science lecturer at the University of Ghana, Dr. Seidu Mahama Alidu, has called for mutual respect and trust among the various stakeholder.
“I think [it] is not for the EC alone, but also the political parties; they should also know that the EC has the responsibility and the role. And they should also treat the EC and respect them in most of these discussions…But I think moving forward, we have to stop this intransigent position and dialogue,” he said.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors