Ayariga has been granted a GHC 100K Bail but has his passport has been seized. The Financial Court 2 Division of the Accra High Court presided over by Justice Afia Serwa Asare Botwe has admitted Bawku Central MP Mahama Ayariga, to a self recognizance bail of GHC 100,000 after pleading not guilty to charges of abuse of public office among other offences brought against him by the Special Prosecutor, Mr Martin Amidu.
The Court also admitted the remaining six accused persons including the Municipal Chief Executive for Bawku, Hajia Hawa Ninche to a bail of GHS50,000 with two sureties.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING…
- Riots At Sandema SHTS: Autopsy Report Indicts Police For Student’s Death
- Find Out How Much More You Will Be Paying As Transport Fare
- FULL STORY: Pregnant For My Blood Brother – Woman Cries Out
- FULL VIDEO: Meet Shatta Bandle The Self Acclaimed Richest Man
- PDS Scandal: My 0wn Party Members Want To Cut My Head – Kennedy Agyapong
The court further directed the accused to leave their passports with the court registry.
Earlier in the day, the court dismissed an application filed by Mr Ayariga, in which he challenged the capacity of the Special Prosecutor to prosecute him on tax evasion charges.
The court directed that the plea of the seven accused persons including Mr Ayariga be taken.
Mr Amidu’s suit against Mr Ayariga has filed a few weeks ago. Five charges have been levelled against the lawmaker.
Mr Amidu alleged that Mr Ayariga abused the privileges he enjoyed as an MP by conniving with a private company to secure a loan, import three vehicles from Dubai at cheap prices and failed to pay duties on them under the guise that they were for official duty.
Video: Click Link Below
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors