The Minority in Parliament wants the police to swiftly arrest and begin prosecution of Assin Central MP, Kennedy Agyapong, for what his alleged complicity in the killing of Tiger Eye PI journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale.
The Minority insists that their fellow MP knowingly or unknowingly aided in the killing of the journalist.
“It is on this basis that we state that Mr. Agyapong appears to bear some criminal responsibility for the death of Ahmed for instigating the public to cause harm to Anas for monetary reward,” the Minority said in a press conference addressed by James Agalga, the Minority Spokesperson on Defence and Interior.
“We call on the law enforcement agencies to promptly cause Mr. Agyapong’s arrest and prosecute him for his actions.”
Ahmed Hussein-Suale was shot three times on Wednesday evening in a murder that has shocked and drew condemnation from the global media landscape.
He was a key member of the team that uncovered corruption in Ghana football in July
The Minority also said Parliament had indulged Mr. Agyapong, who has been known to be a hothead, for too long.
Furthermore, it said there was some embarrassment in the fact a US congressman had called for sanctions against
“The Minority wishes to stress that it is most embarrassing that Kennedy Agyapong has been allowed to run amok all these years with Parliament and state institutions doing absolutely nothing about his misconduct and reckless utterances only for a US congressman to demand action from the US State Department.”
In view of this, the Minority said it will also be taking its action against Mr. Agyapong when Parliament resumes from recess.
“When the house resumes from recess, the Minority shall commence processes to drag Kennedy Agyapong before the privileges committee once again for sanctions.”
In 2018, Mr. Agyapong was also dragged before the Privileges Committee of Parliament by the Minority Chief Whip, Alhaji Mohammed Mubarak Muntaka, for alleged contemptuous remarks against Parliament and the Majority Leader, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu.
Mr. Agyapong is currently out of the country as the dust settles on the journalist’s killing.
He has had to contend with criticism because he went on TV to expose Ahmed Hussein-Suale’s identity urging people to beat him up.
But the MP has insisted that he has nothing to do with the journalist’s death.
“This is what I said. This boy is not relevant to my life. This boy is irrelevant to my life. Why would I be stupid and order people to kill him looking at how far God has brought me? He has not offended me in any way. They should look for those who may be behind this heinous act. This is just cheap propaganda,” he said a few hours after the news of the journalist’s death broke on Thursday.
Source:Citi News Room
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- CELEBRITY GOSSIP2019.09.19Counsellor Lutterodt Banned From Counselling On TV, Radio
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.09.17Riots At Sandema SHTS: Autopsy Report Indicts Police For Student’s Death
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.09.17Find Out How Much More You Will Be Paying As Transport Fare
- LET US TALK ABOUT SEX2019.09.14FULL STORY: Pregnant For My Blood Brother – Woman Cries Out