A former Director-General of the National Sports Authority Robert Sarfo-Mensah has lost a defamation case against investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas. Anas wins.
After the premiering of the Number 12 exposé which caught several football officials in a web of corruption, Sarfo-Mensah, then boss of the NSA hauled Anas and his Tiger Eye PI before the High Court, Accra.
He alleged that Anas had defamed and violated his human rights. The said writ was filed on 10th October 2018.
GET MORE NEWS UPDATE.VISIT OUR HOME PAGE
Lawyer for Anas, Kissi Agyebeng, however, contended that the suit filed by Sarfo-Mensah sinned incurably against the rules of Court. He then filed an application and prayed the Court to strike out the case against the defendants – Anas and his Tiger Eye PI.
- Profile of deported ex-UBS trader, Kweku Adoboli
- God Is As Useless As Lipstick On A Pig If He Cannot Protect His Followers – Says Editor Of GhanaCelebrities
- He Worshiped Deities, Sacrificed His Family’ – Assemblies of God Pastor Killer Alleges – VIDEO
- Youngman Kills Father, Wounds Brother With A Gun Over Bowl Of Soup
- Gang of Six (All Ghanaians) Found Guilty And Sentenced For £1 million Series Of Frauds
The Court heard the legal arguments and submissions of both lawyers on 16th April 2019 and adjourned the matter to 3rd May 2019 for the ruling.
The judge Gifty Agyei Addo in giving her ruling upheld the legal arguments advanced by lawyer Agyebeng and accordingly struck out the case against Anas and his Tiger Eye PI.
The judge again ordered Sarfo-Mensah to pay GHC 1, 000. 00 to the defendants. Mr. Sarfo-Mensah took a bribe in Anas’ No. 12 documentary to field a player for the then Under 17 World Cup.
A former Ghana FA president Kwasi Nyantakyi and Ibrahim Saani Daara have filed similar suits in the Accra High Court.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors