Agomanya: Photos – Audio: Woman Found Dead: A 20-year-old woman, Sandra Dede Tetteh has been found dead in what is suspected to be rape and murder at Agomanya in the Lower Manya Krobo municipal of the Eastern region.
The body of the victim, a teacher at the Vision Academy at Lorm, was found in a gutter by residents of the neighbourhood early Sunday morning.
She wore a dress but with no panties on. Though no visible marks could be immediately found on the victim, bruises were found around the throat, suggesting possible strangulation.
Mother of the victim, Paulina Dede Tetteh and sister, Gifty Tetteh said a suspect in the case and boyfriend of the deceased who was a regular visitor to Sandra, visited their home around 8:30 pm on Saturday evening where the two subsequently left together, apparently to his home, adding that, that was the last time they saw her until they were notified of her death early Sunday morning.
Assembly Man for Agbom East electoral area where Sandra’s lifeless body was found, Daniel Nartey speaking to Confirm Radio news reporter Kofi, said the case was immediately reported to the police.
He, however, added that his electorates feel unsafe following the incident and called on young people not to stay out too late into the night to ensure their safety.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING…
- Riots At Sandema SHTS: Autopsy Report Indicts Police For Student’s Death
- Find Out How Much More You Will Be Paying As Transport Fare
- FULL STORY: Pregnant For My Blood Brother – Woman Cries Out
- FULL VIDEO: Meet Shatta Bandle The Self Acclaimed Richest Man
- PDS Scandal: My 0wn Party Members Want To Cut My Head – Kennedy Agyapong
Meanwhile, the young man said to be Sandra’s boyfriend (name withheld) who allegedly came for her on Saturday evening, was later traced to his home by residents, through a friend of his, who arrested and handed him over to the Odumase Krobo police.
He’s subsequently been detained to help the police in their investigations.
The suspect whose house is some four hundred meters from the victim’s house and some two hundred meters from where the body of the deceased was found, admitted coming to pick the deceased from her home but told residents who arrested him that Sandra left his house just after they arrived, to collect a phone promised her by a male friend and that was the last he heard from her.
Her departure, therefore, he explained, followed persistence calls to her phone by the supposed male friend.
Detective Inspector George Koranteng of the Odumase Krobo police command when approached for his comment, though declined to speak on record however confirmed the incident.
Sandra left behind a two year old son.
The latest incident brings to three the number of persons found dead at dawn at Agomanya within four months and two within eight days with the earlier cases being lynching of suspected thieves.
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.06.23Agomanya: Photos: Woman Found Dead
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.06.15PHOTO: Suspected Thief Lynched At Agomanya
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.05.22Murdered Teacher : Hon. Atta Akyea Visits Bereaved Family, Donates ₵2,000
- LOCAL NEWS2019.05.22Mass Power Disconnection: Krobos Clash With Police, PDS Staff.