The Coalition of Aggrieved Customers of Menzgold Ghana Limited will from April 2 begin a series of demonstrations to demand their principal investments which are locked up with the embattled gold dealership firm.
The CACM in a statement issued on March 27
“The action has become necessary due to state actors lackadaisical attitude to the plight of the suffering customers,” the CACM statement said.
The CACM claimed that so far, 15 of its members had died due to shock and heart failure, resulting from the lock-up of their funds.
The PRO of the CACM, Baffour Amankwaa told the Graphic Online that they were troubled by the failure of the AG to liquidate the assets of the Menzgold.
He claimed that officials of the EOCO informed its leadership that it had concluded investigations and forwarded its finding to the AG.
“We engaged with EOCO recently and they told us that they had concluded investigations into the matter and forwarded their findings to the AG to begin liquidating the company. I don’t know why the AG is delaying,” Mr Amankwaa said in an interview.
“Fifteen of us are already dead because of the shock that came with the collapse of Menzgold. A company that sponsors the Ghana Premier League, who can think that it will collapse?”
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is a lifestyle, celebrity and sociology blogger who grabs the bull by its horn. He doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper.WhatsApp:+233245838678
- VIDEOS2019.07.13Watch Testimonies Video: Celebrities Who Patronized And Endorsed Mama Gee’s ‘Husband Snatching’ Products
- LOCAL NEWS2019.07.12HEALTH ALERT: Polio Resurfaces In Tamale
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Remanded In Police Custody To Reappear On July 26
- TOP STORIES2019.07.12NAM1 Defrauded 16,000 People Of GH¢1.68bn Within 1 Year – State Prosecutors