Abronye DC Tells NDC To “Shut Up” Over AFCON Budget.
The Minister of Sports, Isaac Asiamah, on the floor of Parliament, gave a breakdown of the 4.5 million budget that was expended during the AFCON 2019 but the public outcry over the Minister’s revelations is overwhelming.
NPP ardent member Abronye DC, in a statement copied to Peacefmonline.com, has asked the NDC to cast their minds back to the mess they created in the Sports sector.
“Under the John Mahama led NDC administration an unprecedented 8 million dollars (GH¢15 million) was presented to the Ghana Football Association for preparations towards African Cup of Nations in South Africa. However, it was later established that, Contrary to what was known by the public that $8million was budgeted for Afcon 2013, $15million was actually spent”.
He wondered why the NDC would today turn back to lambast the NPP over the AFCON budget.
Read the full statement below;
EXPOSING THE NDC WITH REGARDS TO AFCON 2019 AFTERMATH AND MATTERS ARISING
The 2019 African Cup Of Nations budget expenditure of the Black Stars has invariably generated a lot of arguments and concerns.
I will like to use this opportunity to set the records straight
HISTORY OF GHANA’s AFCON BUDGET EXPENDITURE FROM 2008 TO DATE
In 2008, under the NPP administration led by President Kuffour, the Black stars spent Ghs 2 million Cedis
The Ghana Football Association and other collaborators embarked on a project to raise GH¢2million towards the Black Stars’ campaign in 2008 African Cup of Nations.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING
- Abronye DC Tells NDC To “Shut Up” Over AFCON Budget
- JM2020; What’s New Is He Bringing?- Buaben Asamoa Probs
- Ofosu-Ampofo Trial: Verdict Set For July 30
- Ayariga Granted GHC 100k Bail, Passport Seized
- NDC National Chairman, Ofosu-Ampofo’s Arrest Was Arranged – Amaliba
The money was solely sourced from individuals in the public, corporate bodies, and various other institutions.
Source: 14/09/2007 Graphic Sports Page 3
This means that under the NPP led president Kuffour administration, the government did not spend any taxpayers money on the Black Stars.
Under the NDC led President Mills administration and Akua Sena Dansua as sports minister, the Blacks Starts Because Of massive corruption did not publicly disclose the budget of the black stars at the Afcon 2010 tournament hosted at Angola. But per my personal investigations and reliable information, the ministry spent close to $8.5 million on the Black Stars at the tournament. The Black stars, however, went to the finals of the tournament with Egypt and lost.
At the African Cup Of Nations at Gabon and Equatorial Guinea, The John Mahama NDC administration spent almost $8million on the Black Stars without considering protecting the public purse and ensuring Value for money
Under the John, Mahama led NDC administration an unprecedented 8 million dollars (GH¢15 million) was presented to the Ghana Football Association for preparations towards African Cup of Nations in South Africa.
However, it was later established that, Contrary to what was known by the public that $8million was budgeted for Afcon 2013, $15million was actually spent.
- Excited Blogger. Emmanuel Dela AHADJIE is daringly a passionate blogger who seeks to inform his followers and readers with accurate updating news on the go. He is what he terms a 'sociology blogger'...who grabs the bull by its horn. He also doubles up as The Managing Editor of The Momus Newspaper & the CEO of Darling Foods Ghana Ltd. WhatsApp him @ :+233245838678
- CELEBRITY GOSSIP2019.09.19Counsellor Lutterodt Banned From Counselling On TV, Radio
- CRIME & JUSTICE2019.09.17Riots At Sandema SHTS: Autopsy Report Indicts Police For Student’s Death
- BUSINESS NEWS2019.09.17Find Out How Much More You Will Be Paying As Transport Fare
- LET US TALK ABOUT SEX2019.09.14FULL STORY: Pregnant For My Blood Brother – Woman Cries Out